Please join your neighbors and friends to celebrate the inauguration of Barak Obama as the 44th president of the United States. Why sit at home alone when you can witness history with your neighbors and friends. Be a part of our community celebration and come out to Harford Road on January 20th.
Restaurants, Pubs and Cafes along Harford Road in Lauraville and Hamilton will be adding Inauguration Day Specials to their menus and some eateries are bringing in large-screen TV so you can watch the events through-out the day.
Participating eateries include Koco's Pub, Grind-On Cafe, Red Canoe, Pizza Plus, The Lauraville House, Los Amigos Restaurants, Chameleon Cafe, Clementine, The Parkside, Big Bad Wolf House of BBQ, Brannan’s Pub, Cosmos Pizzeria, Lost in the 50’s Diner, Wilson’s Tavern, and Zorba’s Carryout - the list grows every day. Some restaurants require reservations. Please check our website for updated list of eateries and their addresses on Harford Road. www.HamiltonLauravilleMainStreet.org
Some of the Inauguration Specials that are being served (list revised daily):
• The Grind-On Café (4607 Harford), is serving Executive Order coffee, a delicate and tasty blend of Kona and Kenyan crated by Baltimore-based Zeke’s coffee. Grind-On is also a drop-off for non-perishable food donations for the Northeast Food Pantry on Inauguration Day only.
• The Parkside (4709 Harford) – an Inauguration Day menu will include yummy local cuisine of the places Mr. Obama has lived.
• The Red Canoe (4337 Harford) – is serving BLUE and RED Plate lunch specials on the 20th as well as Bella's Apple Pie for dessert. Serving Executive Order coffee l!
• The Lauraville House (4528 Harford) is providing an extra- Large Screen TV for the day, seating for 80 people, and is serving Inauguration Day Special Plates. Free coffee!
• Studio C Jewelry & Gifts, on the second floor of the Red Canoe, is offering 50% off on selected items now through January 20th.
To mark the special occasion, Inauguration Day-related items will be raffled. Grand Prize is an U.S. flag flown over the Capitol on Inauguration Day; Second Prize is a original Inauguration Day T-Shirt designed by local artist, Michael Clark; Third Prize is Robert Sabuda's pop-up book 'America the Beautiful.'
Winners will be picked on President's Day February 16, 2009. Winners need not be present to win. $1.00 per ticket. Raffle tickets will be sold through February 15th. Raffle Tickets are available for purchase at all participating eateries - for a list of eateries with addresses and phone numbers go to www.HamiltonLauravilleMainStreet.org,and click on the Inauguration Celebration link.